Earlier today Minecraft Earth released for both Android and IOS players living in New Zealand and Iceland. However chances are, you don’t live in either of those countries, so what do you do?
Despite what Mojang has officially said, Minecraft Earth is actually playable anywhere in the world. The regional limitations only apply to the Google Playstore and Apple Appstore.
If you’re an Android player, you can install Minecraft Earth from a third-party source such as APKMirror, APKDone, Aptoide, and APKPure. Once installed, Minecraft Earth will play flawlessly and tappables should appear around you.
If you get a ‘Licence error’ in the Minecraft Earth app, learn how to fix it here.
IOS players have also already found a workaround to install Minecraft Earth in any country. It involves changing your App Store location to be either from New Zealand or Iceland.
- Head over to Settings then to ‘iTunes & App Store’ and tap on ‘View Apple ID’.
- Next, enter your Apple ID and its password to log-in.
- Tap on ‘Country/Region’. In the new screen that opens up, tap on “Change Country or Region”.
- From the list of countries, select the one that you wish to change your region to. Once you tap on the region of your choice, you will get an agreement. Accept that by tapping on ‘Agree’ in the top-right corner.
- Next, you’ll have to fill in a billing address. It’s important to tap on None for payment info.
- Now you have to add a working address of country you want to switch to. So, go to a fake address generator website and fill out the information required. Once you’ve filled out the form, tap on “Next” to continue.
- And there you go. Your stored region has now been changed. Head back over to the Minecraft Earth App Store page and download Minecraft Earth! You can change your store back after.
If this doesn’t work try creating a brand new iCloud account, making sure to set the location to either New Zealand or Iceland. Then switch the account linked to your device and Minecraft Earth should now be avaliable to download. This is a little tricker to do, however players are reporting that this is working 100% of the time.
- Sign out of your Apple ID in both the settings and the app store
- Go to Settings – General – Language and Region and change your region to New Zealand
- Create a new Apple ID online
- Sign in to your new Apple ID on your phone
- Select payment method as none when prompted
- Enter random information for the billing address, but make sure to set the postal code to 3434 as this is valid for New Zealand.
- Download Minecraft Earth from the App Store
- Run the app, login and collect a tappable to make sure it’s working fine.
- Close the app, change your region back and log out and back in with your original Apple ID.
- Minecraft Earth now works on your IOS device with your original Apple ID.
IOS users aren’t so fortunate when it comes to third-party downloads for Minecraft Earth, meaning it’s not possible for players to install Minecraft Earth without using the Appstore. Essentially, you’re either going to have to use the above method to change your location or wait for Minecraft Earth to release in your country.
Let us know in the comments if these methods worked for you!
PS: We’ve recently launched an Android app, “Guide for Minecraft Earth“. If you’re looking for guides and tips for Minecraft Earth, please be sure to check it out. (leaving a review really helps us out!)